My Account

Ah yes! The 12 Days of Christmas here at Kiwi Lane continues and today, Design Team member Shawna Kunzler shares with us some absolutely ingenious ways to put your templates to use to create these Holiday ornaments.

Shawna has always been such a great “out of the box” thinker when it comes to ways of using the Designer Templates to create something other than an embellishment for a scrapbook page.

Shawna put her thinking cap to use and created some 3-dimensional tree ornaments. To create the tiny ornaments Shawna used the Tiny Holiday #’s 1T, 3T, 6T, and 8T templates.

If you would like to re-create these fun small ornaments you can find directions on Shawna’s blog by clicking here.

Shawna also created this gorgeous  larger ornament using Tiny Nature 1T and Celebrate #1.

If you would like to re-create this darling ornament, you can find a tutorial that Shawna used by clicking here.

Now if those ornaments and ideas weren’t cute enough on their own, can you believe that you have the chance to win these darling ornaments? It’s easy! All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog posting stating what is your favorite part about Christmas and you have a chance to win the entire collection! Think of that, your own Shawna Kunzler originals! Comments left between now and Wednesday night at 11:59pm MST will be entered into a random drawing.

I’m sure you’re all dying to know who is the winner of the $25 gift card to Target. First however, let me say how great it was to read about all of the many different things that you love about Kiwi Lane. You can bet you’ve warmed the hearts completely of the Kiwi Crew. That being said, congrats are in order for ::drumroll:: random commenter #48, Sharon Marinich! You are the lucky recipient of $25 to blow at Target. I might add that I’m a wee bit jealous. I <3 Target! Sharon, if you will please email debbie@kiwilane.com, she will get you taken care of. Have fun shopping!

Last but not least it’s time to announce the random winner of this months Title Fight. Neela Nalam, you are this months lucky winner and the proud owner of a $25 gift certificate to the Kiwi Lane shop! Neela I love the fresh design of your layout and the colors that you used. Well done girl! Now if you will please email me I will get your gift certificate arranged for you. My email is kristy@kiwilane.com.

I’ll leave you all today with a hint for tomorrow’s line up: Love thy neighbor.

Have a great day everyone, and if you haven’t joined us on Facebook yet, don’t be shy! We love to have a great time and we’d love for you to be a part of our happy little chatty family.

29 Responses to On the 4th day of Christmas the Kiwi Crew Gave to Me—The Chance to Win Holiday Ornaments!

1. Teresa Gray December 6, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

My favorite thing about Christmas is the chance to bless those around me.

2. Nancy McM December 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

My favorite part of Christmas is our cookie weekend – my husband and kids and I bake cookies all weekend. By the end we are punchy from all the work, but it’s fun work!

3. RachelV December 5, 2012 at 8:34 am #

My favorite thing about Christmas is seeing all the beautiful lights! I love the lights!

4. Pam Wesson December 5, 2012 at 12:19 am #

I love Christmas….I love gathering around the tree Christmas morning with lots of family members eating a fun breakfast of hot chocolate and doughnuts. Opening the presents and watching the expressions on everyones face when they see their gift for the first time. I love capturing that moment in a picture to scrapbook later….

5. Susan Cutrer December 5, 2012 at 12:07 am #

My favorite thing about Christmas is looking at all the ornaments I have collected over the years – those made by my children and now by my grandchldren. As they are placed on the tree, I can remember all the wonderful Christmas times that have come before. Thank you God for the reason for Christmas – your Son who came to save us all.

6. Teresa December 4, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

My Favorite part of Christmasi s being with my family and friends!

7. Robin Buchholz December 4, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

My favorite part of Christmas is celebrating the birth of Christ with my family and our church.

8. Sabrina Tomky December 4, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

I love the big ornament!! Very nice :)

9. Kathy December 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

My favorite thing about Christmas is spending time with great friends!!

10. Norma L. December 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

Usually I would say that all of the holiday lights and decorations are my favorite part of Christmas, but since my daughter is away at school and I only see her once or twice a year, I have to say that being with my daughter for Christmas will be my favorite thing this year!

11. Phyllis F. December 4, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

My favorite thing about Christmas is to see more people reach out to others. Family tries harder to make an effort to get together and strangers try to reach out and help people they don’t know. Now if we could all keep that going all year, wouldn;t that make the world a better place!

12. kaila rojas December 4, 2012 at 11:54 am #

I’d have to say the best part of Christmas this year for my family would have to be .Being able to spend it with my 6 month old son we have our tree up already and he loves to look at all the lights on the tree .He is our first child so we are very excited to wake up this Christmas morning and see his face when he sees all his gifts. and be able to cherish these moments with our family .

• jenniferbudge December 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

I’m so excited for you guys Kaila!!! Something tells me he’s going to be spoiled rotten on Christmas!!!

• kaila rojas December 6, 2012 at 10:31 am #

yes Jen :) we already have lots of gifts for him I cant wait to bake cookies with him . we have been doing some finger painting on canvas to give as gifts to the family this year . hope u will be in town this Christmas u can stop by and meet him :) and see angelica and adam and the kids :)

13. Shawna Kunzler December 4, 2012 at 10:42 am #

Thanks Ladies for all of the nice things you said. These all were really FUN to make. The smaller ones go together really quickly once you get the general idea. I would LOVE to see what you make with this idea! Please share on the Kiwi FB page!

I really love my Kiwi Templates. It is so much fun thinking of “other” ways to use them. And truly, I cannot begin to put together a page anymore with out pulling them out!

One of my, because there truly are too many to list, favorite parts of the Christmas season is putting up our favorite nativities. We have a number of them and my children LOVE setting them up. It is such a wonderful time to share the beautiful Christmas story with them.

14. Lissa December 4, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Those ornaments are so beautiful! I’m inspired – might have to make some of my own! My favorite part of Christmas are all the little traditions our family has created over the years – watching a Christmas movie, making cookies, playing a family board game.

15. Lydia Seabron December 4, 2012 at 9:50 am #

My favorite part of Christmas is the morning when everybody gets their new gifts. I love watching the excitement when they get new stuff.

16. SandyG December 4, 2012 at 9:47 am #

My favorite part of Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus with family and friends. This year all 4 of my boys will be home for the celebration.

17. Cassie December 4, 2012 at 9:20 am #

The ornaments are so pretty! So clever .

18. Leanne December 4, 2012 at 8:47 am #

I have to say my favorite part of Christmas is the time spent with family. We are soooo busy during the rest of the year and this is our time to visit and just enjoy each others company. :)

I absolutely love the ornaments. :)

19. Linda Todd December 4, 2012 at 8:32 am #

My favorite part about Christmas is knowing that My Lord loved me so much that He was willing to sacrifice His ONLY SON through the most horrible death and suffering to make a way to have a relationship with me so I could be with Him forever and ever.

You girls at Kiwi have a God Given talent for design and color! Your talents inspire me to higher plains!

20. Lori Hughes December 4, 2012 at 8:30 am #

Lovely Idea Shawna! It’s very fun to see what can be done with the templates.
    One of my favorite things about Christmas is putting up the Christmas tree! After all the lights are on, the kids, with my help, decorate the tree with memorable handmade ornaments. The looks on their faces when its all done is worth all the effort.

21. Monique December 4, 2012 at 8:30 am #

They are so lovely !

Hugs Monique

22. Ellen Mancuso December 4, 2012 at 8:29 am #

What fantastic ornaments! I must make some!

My favorite part of the holidays are the smells. I stop to sniff everything!

23. Misty December 4, 2012 at 8:23 am #

I think these would be fun to make with the family. I love the papers she chose too.

24. Amy Hartig December 4, 2012 at 8:19 am #

My favorite part about Christmas is spending time with my 20 month old son. I love to see his reaction to all the Christmas activities, lights, and food. We are having so much fun together!

25. Jodi Linton December 4, 2012 at 8:15 am #

These ornaments are so adorable. I love the way Shawna thinks outside of the box!! My son just got a small tree for his room and he wanted to know how to decorate and we are going to “scraplift this idea”!! Thanks

26. Jan C. December 4, 2012 at 8:12 am #

My favorite thing about Christmas is the joy of giving.

• D.L. Miller December 4, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the memory of baking and decorating cookies with my granddaughters. I am hoping that my granddaughters will share this with the next generation.